Matthew J. Bunkers, Ph.D., CCM
Northern Plains Weather Services, LLC
Rapid City, South Dakota
My specialties include forensic meteorology, weather and forecasting, radar, satellite, severe storms, rainfall and flooding, fog, winter weather, fire weather, applied climate and meteorology, ag weather, education and training, and technical editing.
My clients include lawyers and industries of construction, insurance, mining, and power generation.
I have worked on cases involving:
• analyses of hail/wind/tornado damage to businesses, crops, farm property, and housing units for insurance-related claims/lawsuits,
• climate and weather analyses for a mining operation, preventative planting insurance claim, and livestock production,
• rainfall recurrence interval analyses for flooding of homes,
• snowfall and rainfall analyses for insurance claims,
• climate and severe weather documentation for construction delays and adverse weather days,
• cloud cover/moonlight, rainfall, fog, and icing/snow/wind analyses for automobile accidents,
• slips and falls related to snowfall and freezing drizzle,
• windstorm and drought analysis for a wildfire,
• fire-weather observations and research papers for a fellow consulting meteorologist,
• a technical review of a weather book,
• a general radar/hail project,
• presentations on flash flooding, ...