Robert O Peruzzi, PhD, PE
R. Peruzzi Consulting, Inc.
Integrated Circuits (ICs), Patent Infringement, Mixed-Signal, Analog, Radio Frequency (RF), Signal-Processing, Analog-to-Digital (A/D), Digital-to-Analog (D/A), Control Systems, Semiconductor, System on Chip, SOC
My sub-specialty within the broad category of electrical engineering is with integrated circuits (or complete systems) used for signal-processing, which
• Detect signals from a sensor (e.g. antenna, microphone etc.
• Amplify, filter, then convert to digital
• Process further in the digital domain
• Convert the result back to the analog domain for further processing, and/or
• Deliver the final output to an actuator (e.g. antenna, speaker, video display, heater control-switch etc.).
Examples of these systems are
• Mobile and cell phones
• Recording and retrieving systems for disk drives or tape
• Radio transmitters/receivers and their building blocks such as low noise amplifiers, filters, automatic gain control and frequency mixers (down-converters, up-converters)
• Audio amplifiers
• Audio recording/reproduction systems
• Heat, ventilation and air conditioning controllers
• Data transmitting/receiving systems such as serializer/de-serializers (SERDES)
Click for Full Listing and Contact Info