Matthew J. Bunkers, Ph.D., CCM
Northern Plains Weather Services, LLC
Rapid City, South Dakota
forensic meteorology, slip and falls, heavy rain and flooding, high winds, fog, severe storms, hail, tornadoes, winter weather, heavy snow, icing, fire weather, weather-related accidents, agriculture weather, lightning verification, radar, satellite, and applied climate and meteorology
My clients include lawyers and industries of construction, insurance, mining, and power generation.
I have worked on cases involving:
• analyses of hail/wind/tornado damage to businesses, crops, farm property, and housing units for insurance-related claims/lawsuits,
• climate and weather analyses for a mining operation, preventative planting insurance claim, crop spraying, and livestock operations,
• rainfall recurrence interval analyses for flooding of homes,
• snowfall and rainfall analyses for insurance protection claims for recreational events,
• climate and severe weather documentation for construction delays and adverse weather days,
• cloud cover/moonlight, rainfall, fog, and icing/snow/wind analyses for automobile accidents,
• slips and falls related to snowfall, icing/refreezing, and freezing drizzle,
• windstorm and drought analysis for a wildfire,
• fire-weather observations and research papers for a fellow consulting meteorologist,
• a technical review of a weather book...