Suleman Khawaja, M.D.
Khawaja Expert Review Services
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Hospitalist, COVID-19, sepsis, pulmonary embolism, stroke, myocardial infarction, cancer, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney failure, cirrhosis, patient handoffs, hospitalist co-management, hospital transitions of care
After medical school at University of Chicago and residency at UNC-Chapel Hill, I have spent 16 years in real-life hospitalist practice, at hospitals ranging from 50 to 400 beds, in many different settings, regions, and employment models. I was Medical Director of a regionally-recognized hospitalist group for 8 years, growing a small local team into an operationally complex program of 40 doctors and NP's. I saw patients regularly, was regarded as the health system's subject matter expert in hospital medicine, and managed the various challenges that face hospitalists:
- Increasing physician workload and staffing pressures
- Widening scope of practice
- Patient handoffs and shift-to-shift continuity of care
- Communication and integration of input involving multiple specialists
- Collaboration with NP's and PA's
- Hospital resource utilization, length-of-stay, and ED throughput pressures
- Use of often-flawed EMR's and CPOE platforms
These are key drivers of malpractice litigation ...
Click for Full Listing and Contact Info