Mayer Rashtian, MD,FACC,FHRS Expert Witness
Curriculum Vitae

Contact this Expert Witness

Specialties & Experience of this Expert Witness

General Specialties:

Cardiovascular Disease and Electrophysiology

Keywords/Search Terms:

Arrhythmia,cardiac electrophysiology,pacemakers,cardiology,defibrillators,ICD, atrial fibrillation,flutte,ventricular tachycardia, cardiac ablations, device / leads complications ,life expectancy,congestive heart of failure,Esophageal Fistula,syncope,ECG,valvular heart disease,Medical Board inquiry


BS in chemical engineering, UCLA; MD, Hahnemann/ Drexel University; Internship/Residencey in Internal Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center; Fellowship in adult Cardiology/ Cardiac Electrophysiology , USC Medical Center/ Kaiser Hospital

Years in Practice:


Number of Times Deposed/Testified in Last 4 Yrs:


Additional Information

Currently, I serve as medical director of the cardiac electrophysiology (EP) department at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, California. I have a very busy practice and provide all manner of arrhythmia services, such as complex ablations, pacemakers, and defibrillators, including biventricular devices. Additionally, I am extremely active in cardiac arrhythmia research activities and have participated in many cardiac device and sudden cardiac death trials. My CV is extensive. I have experience with recalls, defective leads, pacemakers, implantable defibrillators, and ablation procedures. I am an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine, USC, and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing at UCLA. I accept both defense and plaintiff cases, as my opinion addresses the case’s medical facts, which are not dependent upon the side of the retaining counsel. I have served as an expert witness for more than 75 cases over the past 13 years and have served as an expert in both medical malpractice cases and non-medical malpractice cases, such as assessing life expectancy and defining cause of death. I have been deposed more than 20 times and have appeared at court for trial a total of seven times in various states. I have served as an expert witness for many types of cardiac electrophysiology procedures, including devices, ablation, and their complications. Kindly note that legal reviews and consultations comprise a very small portion of my total professional activity, composing less than 10% of my total efforts. The other 90% consists of direct patient care activity, clinical research, and a small portion of teaching. I am a full-time clinical cardiac electrophysiologist.