Contact this Expert Witness

Email this expert

Specialties & Experience of this Expert Witness

General Specialties:

Gastroenterology

Specialty Focus:

Esophagus, Stomach, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Quality

Education:

BA, Haverford College; MPH, Johns Hopkins University; MD, Johns Hopkins University

Years in Practice:

13

Additional Information

I am a practicing gastroenterologist and associate professor of medicine at Duke University Medical Center. I received my medical degree at Johns Hopkins University and medical training at Duke. My practice is focused on diseases of the esophagus. I also have expertise in quality measurement, including extensive experience in colonoscopy quality. I spend 60% of my time practicing clinically at Duke Affiliated Hospitals as well as the VA Medical Center. The remaining 40% of my time is spent in a number of administrative roles at Duke including as Associate Vice Chair of Ambulatory in the Department of Medicine and as a Medical Director for one of our multispecialty clinics.