Neil Brown, MD, PhD, FACS(C) FACS FAANS Expert Witness
Curriculum Vitae

Contact this Expert Witness

  • Company: Minimally Invasive Spine & Neurosurgery Inc
  • Phone: (954) 644-9820
  • Cell: (954) 644-9820

Specialties & Experience of this Expert Witness

General Specialties:

Neurological Surgery and Biomechanics

Keywords/Search Terms:

neurosurgery, spine surgery, spine injury, brain injury, spinal cord injury, spinal biomechanics, slip and fall, trip and fall, motor vehicle accidents


BSc (Hon) Applied Mathematics, Western University, London, Ontario, CANADA; Msc (Physics), McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA; MD, Western University, London, Ontario, CANADA; PhD (Medical Biophysics), Western University, London, Ontario, CANADA

Years in Practice:


Number of Times Deposed/Testified in Last 4 Yrs:


Additional Information

My clinical opinions are based upon twenty-six years as a practicing board-certified neurosurgeon. Likewise, biomechanical opinions are based upon an BSc (Hon) in Applied Mathematics, an MSc in Physics, and a PhD in Medical Biophysics. I have also been inducted as a member of the American Society of Biomechanics, which as a requirement for membership, requires ten or more biomechanical articles published in peer-reviewed journals. I have testified in over 100 depositions and in 15 trials. Opinions related to injury causation, especially with regard to Personal Injuries (slip/trip and falls, motor vehicle accidents), are examined qualitatively for biomechanical consistency with the known biodynamics required for injury of structures (typically a question of traumatic causation of disc herniations). Opinions related to medical malpractice follow the stringent guidelines of impartial testimony by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. Bad outcomes do not necessary mean medical malpractice and a simple "pro bono" telephone call may resolve such matters and avoid a costly lawsuit. However, it is the duty of physician's to protect the public from harm by unsafe doctors. I have been retained by legal firms representing hospitals and surgeons as well as plaintiff attorneys to render opinions regarding Medical Malpractice. I have been retained as an Expert Witness in over 100 cases spanning 17 states with many repeat customers. Analysis of the cases demonstrates that about 55% are for Medical Malpractice with a high predominance of Plaintiff cases (3.5:1). The remaining 45% of cases relate to auto, falls and other personal injuries (Maritime, different mechanisms of injury) and are roughly equally split between Plaintiff and Defendant referral sources. Licensed in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois and Missouri