Edward J. Garbin, Jr., PhD, PE, DGE Expert Witness
Curriculum Vitae


Contact this Expert Witness

  • Additional States: Pennsylvania and Texas
  • Company: Garbin GeoStructural Group, LLC
  • Phone: 844-443-6362
  • Cell: 904-295-5492
  • Website: www.GarbinGeo.com

Specialties & Experience of this Expert Witness

General Specialties:

Geotechnical Engineering and Geology

Specialty Focus:

construction, construction engineering, engineer, foundations, sinkholes, piles, shoring, earthquake, ground, slope, slide, aggregate piers, stone columns, rigid inclusions, vibrations, subsidence, ground improvement, karst, liquefaction, differential, settlement, expansive, clay


Ph.D., University of South Florida; M.S.C.E., University of South Florida; B.S.C.E., University of South Florida

Years in Practice:


Number of Times Deposed/Testified in Last 4 Yrs:


Additional Information

Dr. Ed Garbin worked as a contractor in NJ prior to becoming an engineer, and therefore understands the construction process thoroughly. First licensed as a Professional Engineer in Florida in 2003, he now holds PE licenses in 39 states in total (AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, ND, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, and WY). He primarily serves the commercial/heavy-civil construction industry. Dr. Garbin is an ASCE-AGP Board Certified Expert in Geotechnical Engineering. A former Adjunct Professor of Civil Engineering, he is an exceptional communicator, highly skilled at explaining complex construction and engineering topics in easy-to-understand language. He successfully defeated a Daubert motion (PA, 2021). At 53 years of age, he has amassed over 30 years of combined construction and engineering experience. Dr. Garbin's "wheelhouse" includes sheet piles and shoring, deep foundations, shallow foundations, ground improvement, grouting, soil mixing, aggregate piers, and most other geostructural systems. Please visit www.GarbinGeo.com for more information and to contact Dr. Garbin.