- Neuropsychological Evaluation of Traumatic Brain Injury - The Definitive Guide
- Personal Injury Evaluations: The 5 Step Model We Use to Determine Causation and Damages
- Alcohol-Induced Blackout: How Does Alcohol Impact Memory?
- Law Enforcement Fitness for Duty Evaluations: The Definitive Guide
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Evaluating Trauma In Personal Injury Litigation
- Psychological Evaluations for Immigration Court: The 7 Cases When You Might Need an Evaluation
- Assessing Civil Competency: What Are the Mental Capacity Standards in Civil Litigation?
- Competency to Stand Trial: An Overview of the Legal Guidelines for Evaluating Competency
- Violence Risk Assessments: Formulating Violence Risk in Criminal Cases
- Diminished Capacity: What Does It Mean and How Do You Evaluate it?
- Company: Verdugo Psychological Associates
- Phone: (818) 253-1161
- Fax: (818) 630-9022
- Website: verdugopsych.com/
Specialties & Experience
General Specialties:Neuropsychology and Forensic Psychology
Specialty Focus:Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Stroke, Dementia, Personal Injury, IME/ AME, Worker's Compensation, Civil Competency (Testamentary Capacity, Contractual Capacity, Undue Influence, Conservatorship), Criminal Competency, Fitness for Duty, Violence Risk Assessment.
Education:Psy.D., California School of Professional Psychology; M.A., California School of Professional Psychology; B.A., California State University: Northridge; Post-Doctoral Certificate - Neuropsychology, Fielding Graduate University
Years in Practice:4
Number of Times Deposed/Testified in Last 4 Yrs:10+
I am a clinical psychologist specializing in forensic psychology and neuropsychology with over 10 years of experience in assessing, treating, and consulting on psychological disorders. I completed a 2-year post-doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology. I specialize in providing comprehensive psychological and neuropsychological evaluations for various conditions including dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, complications from a stroke, traumatic brain injury, concussions, learning disabilities, ADHD, and PTSD. I am appointed to the Juvenile Court Expert Witness and Competency Panel in Los Angeles. I regularly conduct psychological and neuropsychological evaluations for attorneys and the court for criminal proceedings for mental health diversion and mitigation, violence risk, and competency to stand trial. I also specialize in forensic psychological and neuropsychological evaluations for immigration hearings, civil and criminal competency, personal injury, worker's compensation, and fitness for duty. I also provide consultation services to personal injury and worker's compensation attorneys on psychological and neuropsychological-related matters. In addition to my private practice, I am a forensic psychologist for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. I conduct psychological evaluations to evaluate patients for violence risk and determine if they meet the criteria to be committed to a state hospital, write court reports, and testify in court as an expert witness. The objective opinions I provide are done with a reasonable degree of medical certainty and supported by the use of evidence-based and empirically supported psychological and neuropsychological tests.