- Apportioning Copyright Damages: The Case of "Blurred Lines"
- Using Internet Analytic Tools for Valuation and Damages Calculations in Internet IP Infringement and Defamation Cases
- Building Cannabis IP Includes Both Your Brand and Your Technology
- Deceptive Product Endorsement: Unauthorized use of a Celebrity's Name and Likeness
- Estimating and Managing the Economic Impact of Brand Disparagement
- Can Trademark Infringement Be a Victimless Crime?
- Profit Apportionment in IP Infringement Damages Calculations
Contact this Expert Witness
- Additional States: New York
- Company: Nevium Intellectual Property Consultants
- Phone: 858-255-4361
- Website: nevium.com
Specialties & Experience of this Expert Witness
General Specialties:Intellectual Property and Appraisal & Valuation
Specialty Focus:Defamation Damages, IP Valuation, Intellectual Property Damages, IP Damages, Licensing, Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets, Right of Publicity, Publicity Rights, ROP, Website Valuation, Licensing Customs & Practices, Google Analytics, Social media analysis, social media valuation
Education:MA, San Diego State University; BA, San Francisco State University
Years in Practice:21
Number of Times Deposed/Testified in Last 4 Yrs:35
Doug Bania is a founding principal of Nevium Intellectual Property Consultants. Nevium specializes in: IP Valuation - Valuation and financial analysis of patents, copyrights, trademarks, internet & social assets, brands, publicity rights, intangible assets and business enterprises. IP Damages Experts - Expert testimony and damages opinions for IP infringement, defamation, licensing, marketing, business interruption and civil litigation. IP Strategic Advisors - Strategic services to leverage IP assets and connect IP to financial performance. Infringement Investigation - Analysis of IP infringement on websites, Google Ads, social media, SEO and online advertising. Mr. Bania has been the named expert for approximately 75 cases, deposed 20 times and has provided trial testimony 5 times. Mr. Bania is a Certified Licensing Professional (CLP), a Google Analytics Certified Individual (GAIQ) and is a committee member for the International Trademark Association (INTA) Internet Committee, the ICANN Compliance and Domain Name Industry Subcommittee and the American Bar Association (ABA), Copyright & Social Media Committee. Mr. Bania specializes in analyses for copyright, trade dress, trade secrets and trademark infringement, publicity rights, social media and Internet infringement, defamation, marketing strategy analyses, royalty rate determinations and other intangible assets. Mr. Bania also provides valuation and monetization strategies for trademarks, trade secrets, publicity rights, domain names, Internet and social media assets, brands, copyrights and other intangible assets for financial reporting, bankruptcy and transactional due diligence.