Paul M. Lantos, MD, MS
Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, North Carolina
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Occupational Medicine
Lyme disease, COVID, malaria, typhoid, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, tick-borne diseases, parasites, measles, pertussis, meningitis, bacterial infections, sepsis, fever, cytomegalovirus, infected animal bites, vaccines, travel medicine, epidemiology, institutional review board (IRB)
• Triple-boarded specialist in Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics, and Internal Medicine
• Fellowship trained at Harvard Medical School, Boston Children's Hospital, and the Harvard School of Public Health
• COVID-19 experience, including case management, test interpretation, isolation and public health recommendations, personal and occupational protective measures, risk assessments for adults and children at risk of severe COVID-19, and return to work determinations for infected employees.
• Clinical and academic expertise in vector-borne infectious diseases (e.g. infections carried by ticks and mosquitoes), zoonotic infections (transmitted from animals, e.g. rabies, bartonella, cat scratch and cat bite fever), and environmental infectious diseases.
• Clinical and academic expertise in geographic and travel medicine, including clinical malaria and malaria prevention, travel vaccines, pre-travel counseling and risk assessments, post-travel evaluation, prevention and treat...