Angel E Alsina, MD FACS FAASLD
General Surgery, Hepatology
Liver Transplantation, Bile duct injuries, Portal Hypertension, Hepatitis C, Chronic Liver Disease, Organ Transplantation, Organ Donation, Liver Failure, Liver Oncology, Liver Cancer, Surgical complications, Correctional Medicine of liver diseases and hepatitis C, Drug-induced liver injuries
Trained at Harvard Department of Surgery, New England Deaconess program in Hepato-Biliary Surgery, liver surgery, and Liver Transplantation.
American Board of Surgery certified. Fellow designation by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases ( AASLD).
Collaborative Professor at University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine.
Real world experience:
• 24 years of hepato-biliary (liver) surgery and liver transplantation experience at a tertiary care, 1,010 bed teaching hospital.
• Broad skills in general surgery, liver surgery, transplantation, hepatology , and hepato-oncology (liver cancer). Robotic surgery certified.
• Directed liver transplantation and cancer programs for total of 20 years
• Experienced in Hepatitis C. Principal investigator in Hepatitis C trials that resulted in drug approval.
• Managed immunosuppression treatments long term in over 1,000 liver transplant recipients.
• Leader of a multi-disciplinary liver cancer team. Conducte...
Click for Full Listing and Contact Info