- The Neurobiology of Depression
- Influence of paroxetine and cognitive/behavioral strategies in neurocardiogenic syncope and depression
- Parenting stress and depressive symptoms in postpartum mothers: bidirectional or unidirectional effects?
- Hormonal evidence for altered responsiveness to social stress in major depression
- Company: University of Michigan
- Phone: (734) 657-0062
- Website: sites.google.com/umich.edu/drjuanflopez
Specialties & Experience
General Specialties: Psychiatry and Mental Health
Specialty Focus: Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Suicide, Anxiety, PTSD, Psychosis, Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry, Postpartum Depression, Psychopharmacology, Complementary and Integrative Psychiatry
Education: M.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine; Psychiatric Residency, University of Michigan and University of Iowa; Research Fellow, Mental Health Research Institute University of Michigan
Years in Practice: 33
Dr. Lopez is a Board Certified Psychiatrist, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, and Associate Research Scientist at the University of Michigan. Dr. Lopez is an experienced clinician, teacher, speaker and neuroscientist. He has over 33 years experience in diagnosing and treating severe psychiatric disorders. Dr. Lopez has served in several national advisory boards, and has published extensively in the areas of mood disorders, stress, suicide, and psycho-pharmacology.