J. Usha Raj, MD, MHA
Pediatrics, Neonatal - Perinatal Medicine
Neonatal Pulmonary Hypertension, Neonatal Lung Diseases (Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Pneumonia, Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia), Prematurity, Limits of Viability, Birth Asphyxia, Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, Cerebral Palsy, Birth trauma, Intraventricular hemorrhage
• Practiced at UCSF, Harbor-UCLA, and the University of Illinois Chicago
• Director of NICU at Harbor-UCLA for 12 years
• Chief of Neonatology Harbor-UCLA for 13 years
• Director Neonatology Fellowship Training Programs at Harbor-UCLA and UIC
• Published over 192 peer-reviewed manuscripts, reviews and chapters
• Teaches Neonatal Fellows
• Researcher in Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Hypertension with a laboratory continuously funded by National Heart Lung Blood Institute for over 34 years.
• Scientific Recognition, Distinguished Achievement and Elizabeth Rich Awards from the American Thoracic Society
• Julius Comroe Jr. Distinguished Lectureship and election as a fellow by the American Physiological Society
• Honorary doctorate (honoris causa) from the University of Lausanne in recognition of her clinical, scientific and educational achievements
• External Advisor to the Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension Network of North America.
• Selected for the “U.S.News & World Report” Top Doctors l...