Suleman Khawaja, M.D.
Khawaja Expert Review Services
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Hospitalist Expert Witness
Hospitalist, sepsis, pulmonary embolism, stroke, myocardial infarction, cancer, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney failure, cirrhosis, patient handoffs, hospitalist co-management, hospital transitions of care
After medical school at the University of Chicago and residency training at UNC-Chapel Hill, I have spent 15 years in real-life hospitalist practice, at hospitals ranging from 50 to 400 beds, in multiple different localities, regions, and employment models. I was Medical Director of a major regional hospitalist group for 8 years, growing a small, low-census team into a large, operationally sophisticated program of 40 doctors and NP's. In addition to my clinical practice, I managed the group through the challenges that face hospitalists everywhere:
- Increasing physician workload and staffing/scheduling pressures
- Increasing scale and widening scope of practice
- Patient handoffs and shift-to-shift continuity of care
- Multidisciplinary communication and integration of input from multiple specialists
- Collaboration and supervision of NP's and PA's
- Hospital resource utilization, length-of-stay, and ED throughput pressures
- Efficient and responsible use of EMR's and CPOE platfo...
Click for Full Listing and Contact Info